Participate in hands-on experiences designed to improve chess skills. Gain additional experience in
designing chess-related lessons with deliberate connections to standards. Learn about activities
which will increase student participation and maintain student interest. Learn what is required to
sustain a classroom chess program over time within a school or school system.
● Learn more advanced chess tactics and strategies.
● Learn additional connections between chess and curriculum standards for lesson planning.
● Learn strategies for using mini-game and social chess activities that help to differentiate for
varying chess skill levels and student motivation.
● Understand the risks to success that school chess programs face and how to mitigate them.
Prerequisites: One of the following:
● The four-day session - Level One Certified Instructor Training (or the equivalent new
teacher training offered under the Alabama Chess in Schools program)
● The two-day Chess Coach Certification Training.
Registration starts on 04/01/2019 and ends on 06/19/2019.
Room: 106, 107
Please contact Chess in Schools LLC office if you have any questions.