06/17/2019, 06/18/2019, 06/19/2019, 06/20/2019
See how chess connects to any area of the curriculum allowing teachers to engage student
interest, differentiate for complexity, and encourage critical thinking in and beyond the
classroom. Participate in a hands-on experience designed to introduce the game of chess and
demonstrate deliberate classroom connections. Learn from the experiences of other teachers who
have taught chess in the classroom.
● Learn how to play chess.
● Understand how to use chess to teach literacy, math, critical thinking, and life skills.
● Create and share lesson plans that purposefully relate chess to the curriculum.
● Discover ways to differentiate for varying skill levels.
● Learn chess notation and experience playing with a chess clock.
● Discover resources for developing after-school chess programs.
● Gain the skills necessary to start using chess in the classroom.
● Learn what it takes to sustain a successful chess program in the face of ongoing
Registration starts on 04/01/2019 and ends on 06/17/2019.
Room: 106, 107
Please contact Chess in Schools LLC office if you have any questions.